Sunu Band Support Guide
Welcome to our Troubleshooting section focused on Sunu Band, here you will find useful information and troubleshooting clues to help you solve minor issues on your device.
Sunu Band FAQs
- The Sunu Band does not have a Turn-Off button. Instead, when pressing the Home Button, after a few minutes of inactivity, the Sunu Band will enter into a Battery Saving Mode.
- Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaning agents, thinners materials on your Sunu Band; use a damp cloth to wipe off any dirt or marks when needed.
- Do not store near heat sources such as radiators, cookers, etc.
- Do not attempt to open up your Sunu Band. Opening up the product will invalidate the warranty.
- It’s recommended not to use the Sunu Band outdoors when (Negative) -10 º Celsius. (14 º Fahrenheit). You may still be able to use it, but the life span of the batter might decrease.
- When wearing a coat or sleeves, be sure the sonar sensor makes direct contact with your skin and remains uncovered by clothing when in Obstacle Detection mode.
Sunu Band Specs
The wristband is composed of plastic and metal components. All of them are hypoallergenic and safe for daily use:
- Silicon watch straps 20mm wide.
- ABS base mount.
- TPE surface mount.
- Stainless steel ultrasonic sensor housing.
- Stainless steel strap buckle.
Wrist size & Strap size
- Upper side: 5 cm. (2 in).
- Lower side: 6 cm. (2.3 in).
- 4 in long (4 cm).
- 20mm wide
What to do when experiencing issues with the Sunu Band?
The battery does not hold the charge
When your device does not take charge and seems unresponsive when plugged into the power, we will need to diagnose if the USB port or the battery is causing this. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Use a different charging cord.
- Plug your device into a different electrical outlet.
- Be sure it’s tightly connected when you plug it in.
- Verify that your Sunu Band battery level from your Sunu App; verify if you can pair it.
If you keep experiencing issues after following the steps previously mentioned, contact us at email@example.com
Verify that the device’s life span corresponds to the usage; the battery can last from 5 hours to up to 3 days, depending on the amount of use. Activate the Battery Saving Mode by pressing the Home Button when it’s not in use. Otherwise, the battery will drain using the Bluetooth if you paused it from the double-tap gesture.
If you notice unusual behavior in your device, you may reboot it. Please revise the Firmware Issues Section of this guide.
Notes: Utilizing the Double Tap Gesture does not turn off your device; instead, it remains paused, waiting for you to operate it.
Battery discharging too quickly
If the battery discharges too quickly, be sure that you press the Home Button when Sunu Band is not in use for a specific time. Additionally, try reinstalling the firmware on your Sunu Band to discard any firmware error.
Sunu Band stops vibrating after an update
When Sunu Band is not updated correctly, Sunu Band might stop vibrating; however, Voice Service responds to our commands, e.g., pressing any button or swipes on the touchpad. To reboot your device:
- Allow your Sunu Band to discharge completely.
- Once discharged, put your Sunu Band to charge for a couple of hours to restore the battery fully.
- Unplug Sunu Band from the power and wake it up from the Home Button; it shall be vibrating now. If the problem persists, please contact us.
Sonar sensor does not vibrate while in Obstacle Detection mode
When Sonar Mode is enabled, the Sunu Band must deliver vibrations indicating when an object is in front of the sensor. To diagnose what might be causing the problem, do the following:
- Verify that your Sunu Band vibrates when accessing a different app, e.g., watch feature, Compass App, or any other feature.
- Check out the battery level is above 50%.
- Please refer to the Reinstall Firmware section of this guide and follow the instructions to continue.
- Once you have reinstalled the firmware, press the Home Button to ensure Sunu Band responds.
- Activate the obstacle detection mode, and place your hand in front of the sonar sensor; the Sunu Band should start vibrating by the time your hand reaches the sonar.
If you replicated the issue and the sonar sensor does not trigger any vibration, please contact us via the Help tab on your app or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will further assist you with this issue to evaluate & validate the warranty of your device.
Sonar Mode switching OFF Unexpectedly
When in Obstacle Detection Mode suddenly switches OFF, verify that gestures remain OFF in Gestures enlisted from the Apps tab.
Note: Gestures may suddenly make the sonar go off due to the sensor’s sensitivity inside of the Sunu Band.
If the issue with random vibrations persists:
- Please press and hold both buttons on one side for five seconds to reboot your device.
- You’ll sense a quick succession of pulses followed by a pause, then a long vibration indicating you that the Sunu Band is ready to use.
If the problem persists, please reinstall the firmware on your Sunu Band. Please revise the Firmware Section of this guide.
We recommend that you adjust the distance and the sensitivity at the lowest by sliding to the left on the slide bars located on your app’s Settings tab, Indoor/Outdoor Mode option.
We know it might require time to adapt to vibrations at first; please refer to our online mobility guide to learn about using the sensor or contact us for further and personal assistance;
You can schedule an individual session that works for your schedule to help you.
You may adjust the distance and detection area from the Obstacle Detection available on Sunu App.
You can also verify that your adjustments are being adapted by hitting the button Restore Defaults.
However, if you notice that Sunu Band emits ‘false’ vibrations when there’s no obstacle around, please contact us to provide you better assistance.
If the Sunu Band starts making “strange sounds” when vibrating. Please try adjusting the vibrations through the Sunu App to notice any difference. Following the Soft Reset procedure is highly recommended. (Pressing and holding the buttons on one side for a few seconds, please refer to Reboot your Sunu Band section to read in detail).
If Sunu Band continues to rattle, please proceed to contact us. The component that produces the vibrations might be damaged and can only be replaced by Sunu engineers; we will evaluate & validate your device’s warranty.
If the charging port located on the bottom side on the Sunu Bands breaks, softens, cracks, is loose, please proceed to contact us via email at email@example.com to validate your Warranty.
Note: Sunu warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from (1) accident, abuse, misapplication, or any unauthorized repair, modification or disassembly; (2) improper operation or maintenance, usage not in accordance with product instructions.
Sunu Band cases split up (Black and blue covers)
The Sunu Band’s build is made of two principal cases; a black upper case (Touchpad) and the blue case. Because they’re glued, in case they split up. Contact our Customer Success Team to validate your warranty.
Reboot your Sunu Band
You may reboot your Sunu Band when you notice any unusual reaction on your device; it fixes issues caused by the firmware. Please follow the instructions below:
- Press both buttons on one side of the Sunu Band for five seconds (Home and Navigation button).
- A quick succession of vibration and a pause will indicate that the unit is reset.
When the process finishes, the Sunu Band emits a long vibration indicating that the process has ended. Shortly after, you can test the Sunu Band again.
Note: Naturally, when you restart your device, you need to calibrate your Sunu Band again.
Reinstalling firmware on Sunu Band
When your device presents errors when performing any function, you may perform this only if instructed by someone from the Sunu team, as your device might get bricked.
Reinstall the firmware on Android
- Make sure the Sunu Band is fully charged or above 50%.
- Open up your Sunu App and go to the third tab from the left called More.
- Once inside, select the option that reads Sunu Band Settings.
- At the bottom of the screen, locate the option that reads as App Version. Tab and hold on that option until you hear an alert message coming up.
- Select the option Continue and bring the Sunu Band right next to the smartphone. Once the update is completed you may start using the Sunu Band all over again.
Reinstall the firmware on iOS
- Go to the My Sunu Band tab.
- Search for the Firmware Version option at the bottom.
- Press and hold that option, and bring your Sunu Band close to your phone.
- An installation process will begin, allow Voice Services to notify you when ready.
Installation on iOS might be performed twice, this is completely normal.
In case an error message comes up when trying to proceed with the reinstallation of the firmware, please, log out and sign in again. You must recalibrate the Sunu Band after this procedure if you wish you use GPS Navigation or Compass Services.
We will always be there for you, if you experience any difficulty with your device or app. Please do reach out to us through the tab Help from your Sunu App.